Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hunkered down in Atlanta

Reporter buddy at the Atlanta paper is putting me up. The futon in his laundry room will work fine. The price is, well, just right.

TMGR is a start-up business that will likely rely often on the kindness of others to allow for limited road travel. I'd love to make every road game, but I like electricity. Just a heads up.

It's about a two-hour drive on Saturday to Clemson from here. Looking forward to the Death Valley experience. As for the game itself...

Each year for UNT, one of these guarantee games rolls around the schedule, and each year there's optimism UNT will come up slugging and give an upset-worthy performance. Wow, it has been a long time since UNT played Texas Tech.

For most involved -- except when the check clears -- I'd have to guess these games are mostly tedious from a competitive standpoint. I'm not predicting a score or outcome here; the 27-point spread will do that for you.

That said, you can't argue with the favorable makeup this year's UNT team. Veteran QB. Explosive running back. Potential havoc-wreakers at receiver. Experienced, big OL. Solid at cornerback, linebacker and DE. But does it =7 or 8 wins against this schedule?

Today, I have my doubts, but I'm a firm believer in the value-added defeat, and I want to see more against the best UNT will go up against this season. Fall camp is done. Let's see what these guys can do.

By the way, this blog will be firing away all game long, so c'mon over.

No comments:

Post a Comment